Even more than that, do you know what hurts more? The whole time we were at the office there were probably 4 girls who came in for an abortion. It aches my heart so bad for those poor babies...at the same time I think, "God why couldnt you have let one of them lose their baby? They are going to kill it anyway!" It just doesnt seem right that we are going through this and hurting so bad over a baby we lost that we wanted so badly and there are people throwing away babies lives. I couldnt help but to think "cant we just take the life thats inside of one of them and bring it back to Levi?" Thats not the road that was chosen for us to walk right now, but my oh my it just hurts SOOO much. Second, I cant believe that 13 years ago I was sitting in exactly their position...carelessly throwing away a life inside of me. Up until that point in my life that was the most physically painful, emotionally tearing, and horrible experiences of my entire life. I had nightmares about EVERYONE I loved dying for the next 4 months after I did that. Do they realize what they are doing? It breaks my heart knowing what those girls were going through, would they have just let me hug them? Instead, I just sat there begging God to touch their hearts. Every one of those girls went in there by themselves, not one of them accompanied. Most of them were slumped over like they had no reason to live. It just breaks me, tears me, and rips me right open. I wanted to talk to every one of them but I was in my own room going through my own procedure. I just kept begging God for one of those babies to be saved...maybe for salvation for one of those girls!?
So tomorrow at 730-10 I will be in the office getting my precious little boy extracted from my body....its just so horrible how they have to remove him. I just keep reminding myself that its no longer Levi, its just his shell. PLEASE PRAY for a safe procedure....the ONLY reason that we are choosing to do it this way is because 2 specialists felt that this would be the safest way for me. I would prefer to deliver him, but its only for my comfort because his body wont be torn apart if I did it that way. I will never be able to hold him in this life, just cling to the VERY few things that we have for him. 2 of which came from the hospital where we had Avery. One of the nurses there who has been nothing short of a blessing gave us 2 little blankets for us to remember him by.
I can do ALL things through Christ who is my strength.
Jer. 1:5 - "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." The plan of God for a person - if you will, a person's relationship to him - precedes even conception.
Ps. 139:13-16 - "You knit me together in my mother's womb. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When 1 was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." The use of personal pronouns for the pre-born child implies personhood rather than some sort of potential personhood. It was David himself, and not his shadow, that was forming in his mother's womb. Other similar passages include job 31:15; Ps. 22:9,10; Isa. 42:2,24; and Isa. 49:5.
Oh, Kiley, I am praying!! I can't tell you how I hurt for you. I pray His perfect strength will comfort and sustain you; that His presence will overwhelm you as will His love and grace. I praise Him for the obvious way He is working in you....how else could you possibly endure this trial. I don't know you well but I grieve for you. I want you to know your testimony through this and all you have been through brings glory to our Father. I love you, Sister, I will continue to pray for you.
ReplyDeleteKiley, dearheart, I too will pray fervently for salvation for any or all of those girls whome you saw.
ReplyDeleteMay God embrace you in His deep unfailing love as you endure today, and all the days He has ordained for you from now on. May He give you unending reminders of His mercy and grace each minute of every day. May He bind you and Nye and Grayden together in your grief and mourning, may He comfort you with that peace that surpasses understanding.
Today here in Minnesota it is pouring rain. Flooding in some places. We have had thunder for several days and nights. I am so awed by the Lord's command of nature. Even so the outpouring of the sky feels like weeping and the peals of thunder like great sobs, and I pray for you, and yearn for The Day of the Lord, knowing all these days belong to Him as well.
I love you.
ReplyDelete