If you don't have an account you can still leave comments, just please be sure to include your name in the actual post. I appreciate your posts (thoughts) and prayers! :)

Please, realize that everything I share here is from my personal experience...its very dear to my heart. Please respect that and dont abuse it.


Monday, May 3, 2010

March for Babies weekend....

For those of you who know me, you are probably pretty aware that we went to a memorial walk (March of Dimes) for Avery this weekend. We made a weekend out of it and went camping at Assateague Island State Park. It was absolutely amazing to be out in Gods creation without light pollution, the stars were breath-taking!!!

We had a wonderful time camping, as a family we found it quite bonding. We laughed a lot at the little guys "Gray-isms." Every time we would giggle at him he would start laughing too, CUTE! He was a chatter box! At Assateague there is a lot of wild ponies and they are known to kick/bite. Knowing this, we told him not to go near the ponies. Well, every time he saw one he would say "NO NO NO tush (touch) wild ponies", or "naty (nasty) horsies!" The first night the horses slept near our campsite. Gray and I happened to be walking to the shower house when they were still sleeping, when we were coming out we saw them waking. It was very cute! The Mommy horse got up first and stretched (just like how a cat would), then went and nuzzled the Daddy...he woke up and they rubbed noses for a bit. Then the Mom went over and kinda bit the baby in the butt, it jumped up! Then they all stretched together, it was very cute! I don't think I'll ever forget that! We also dug for sand crabs, which was new to both Hubby and Gray.  Gray kept saying "go did (dig) sand wabs (crabs), peeese???" They filled up buckets with sand and water then put the crabs they caught in there. When they dumped them out there must have been at least 30-40 of them!!

The walk itself was nice...long, but nice. I have to admit, it was quite emotional because everyone had survival stories and we were the only ones (that I know of) that had lost their baby. We made a quilt patch in memory of Avery for the March of Dimes quilt that is passed around to different NICU units. Gray drew a picture of her, and above the drawing we wrote "Avery Paige," and below we wrote "Heaven is the only home you'll ever know." Its sweet, we actually ended up bringing it home and made another for the quilt. Its funny to me that every time Gray draws a picture of Avery, she has something over her head that resembles a hat or halo.



Every time we did a devotional, the concentration verse was Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Funny how that worked out, because we did devotionals out of 3 different books. He truly has been a light for my path through this whole ordeal! One of the devos talked about how its scary not to see beyond the light and not knowing what your coming up to...but that God gives you the light to see the path for where you are. That verse reminds me of what I continually tell people when they are in disbelief of how "well" (ha, sometimes i dont feel well) I'm doing..."God doesn't give you the grace you need until you need it!"

:) Any-who, better get off here and stop dilly-dallying and get some stuff done!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that it went well. I'm catching up on your many blog posts from when I was gone last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that you got to make such fun memories - I hope your trip to Florida is even better!

    Kiley I saw the yearning for heaven in your eyes tonight when you said to me "We'll get to spend eternity together." Your friendship truly has affected my life and I too long for The Day of the Lord. Press on, my sister. I love you with a full heart, and God loves you much more than I.

    "So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord, His going forth is as certain as the dawn; and He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth." Hosea 6:3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago, at a family reunion, we went to Assateague...I was totally in love with the the wild horses! I even tried to (stupidly) get close and feed one an apple. :-P

    Glad to see that you had a lovely time and that the Lord is still your light! He is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grayden is such an obedient, sweet spirited child. <3 Thanks for sharing this family memory.

    ReplyDelete