Father God, its me....I come before you broken. May all the pieces of this broken life bring glory to your name. May I ALWAYS praise YOU through the storms in my life....
I was sure by now
That you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say Amen, and it's still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear your whisper through the rain, "I'm with you"
And as your mercy falls I raise my hands
And praise the God who gives and takes away
And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands
For you are who you are no matter where I am
And every tear I've cried, You hold in your hand
You never left my side and though my heart is torn
I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth
I wish that nobody had to go through this, but the fact of the matter is that God knows what we need...that doesnt mean we always get what we want. I've been following peoples blogs who have been through stillbirth. Many of them are having their subsequent pregnancies and births Reading about their honesty has been helping me, one because I know I'm not crazy, but 2 because I am scared to be pregnant again and reading about theirs gives me hope. As hard as life is down here without one of our children, life still continues. I like the way one of my girlfriends puts it, "with each day that passes, its one day closer to spending eternity in Heaven with our babies!" AMEN that I know our babies are in Heaven rejoicing!
"God works ALL things for the good of those who love Him" not some....ALL!!!
Now I probably have you questioning us having more babies. Lets just say we have some praying to do on that one...we would appreciate your praying with us. There is a lot of fear that goes into subsequent pregnancies, I pray that the Lord would calm the storms inside of us when they should arise. :)
Love the site redesign and that you have pictures now. :)
ReplyDeleteI cry every time I hear that song! It's amazing how some songs just are so true.
I love that song. After I miscarried and struggled with infertility the song "You are Good" by Nicole Nordeman really ministered to me alot as well.
ReplyDeleteI love this song as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing yourself with us this way. I don't know how best to connect with you these days....I am continually praying and LOVE that you are writing. -Barb
ReplyDeleteHi, My name is Melissa.
ReplyDeleteI was reading some of your posts. I must say I feel your pain so deeply. I to lost a little girl.
Her name is Abigail Lyn. I lost her 4 years ago at 36 1/2 weeks pregnant. I can relate to how you are feeling. I too was so scared to get pregnant again after I lost my daughter. I never had such a huge fear in my lifetime before. I still remember my daughter and she still is in my heart. It took me over two years to not be mad with Jesus. I know we do not know one another but if you ever need to just have someone to talk with that has been through this too please feel free to do so. I also want to mention if you want to make a memorial site for your angel you can do so at memory-of.com.
I have one for my daughter if you would to look at it. http://abigail-burden.memory-of.com/About.aspx
Sincerely,
Melissa B.