If you don't have an account you can still leave comments, just please be sure to include your name in the actual post. I appreciate your posts (thoughts) and prayers! :)

Please, realize that everything I share here is from my personal experience...its very dear to my heart. Please respect that and dont abuse it.


Friday, May 21, 2010

Majesty...

My approach to fresh emotional pain has always been to take as much of a break as possible to give my mind and my heart rest. To quietly admire the beauty that God has created and allow Him to show me of His majesty. One might ask how much help this attempt to escape emotional pain might be? Since, after taking that "break" from it we always find it is still there, no? I think it gives me perspective and the best place for me to find solace has always been in Gods Creation and in His word. Our family, our children, and our entire lives are on loan. Everything I have is NOT mine, INCLUDING my (our) children. I have found myself hiding down in the beautiful Southern FL, with the comfort of my family....

I look to the sky as the sun hides behind the Gulf beach for the night and think of Avery. I marvel at the Lords paintbrush, and how marvelously He has put all the colors (pink, yellow, orange, blue, & purple) on the canvas in the sky. I wonder if Avery can see the sunset? How amazing it must look from Heaven! I sit down here on the beach with my husband and son in perfect awe. I know that she's with us although its not the same. But we are blessed to have had the gift of her life, and the short memories of carrying her will be with me always. My grief, and how I deal with it is an opportunity to magnify the name of the Lord because people are watching...


Grayden fills my days with so much joy, he gives me the opportunity to be a child again! Here are our activities for the last 2 days that we've been at my Grandparents:
-We went to the beach and built sand castles with our buckets and molds. Then we made "wet castles" (castles made with wet sand running through your hands), it was complete with a lake for his 2 toy boats. We chased fish in the water, stomped on sea foam, and enjoyed time with my grandparents.
-Went to a local restaurant that is traditional in my family, they have the BEST grouper sandwich you ever put your tastebuds on!
-Visited birds on a nearby island...My grandparents held GQ on the fence to get a closer look at the birds. Grayden adored this particular bird named "Peaches." The bird let him pet him and nibbled the salt off his fingers. Whenever Grayden would walk away the bird would hop off his branch, sing a song and look around for him. He kept telling me "Momma, you go to Fred...Dayden tay wit Peaches (translation-Grayden stay with Peaches)!" He wanted peaches all to himself. Fred was another bird there that would dance 'with' us. Everything that you did to dance, he would mimmick. He when you ask "whatcha doing?" he replied "nothin!" He also said "uh-oh" (when he dropped his food), "hello" and "bye."


-We went to a train exhibit and he got to run remote trains (Grayden LOVED that!). It was pretty neat it was a group of retired people who spend all their time building model trains. They had an ENTIRE room set up in the shape of Florida and showed principle things throughout the state. Some of the things were the Tropicana plant, actual trains of every train that runs through FL, Disney, Epcot, Kennedy Space Center, beaches. You wouldnt believe the detail of this exhibit it even had little people and flag-poles! VERY NEAT!
-We went to the carwash for Graydens first carwash. He wasnt too sure about it until we played a game pretending we were the carwash, then he wanted to go through it again! We had sprayers, sponge arms, rinsers, and dryers.
-Yesterday we went to the Naples Zoo walked around and took the boatride where they had "monkey islands." I dont think Grayden took much out of the Zoo except the boatride and pulling his wagon around it. LOL!


Its so precious to me seeing my grandparents loving on Grayden. He is in love with them, and they are just thrilled with him! How very priceless!!!

Here are some scriptures I have found particularly encouraging during my trip. I love Gods word!!! It always speaks to you differently depending on where you are in life.

On children and my responsibility as a parent:
Hebrews 2:13 "And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me."
Deuteronomy 6:6-9 "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."

What an honor and priveledge we have as parents! Oh Lord, that I may glorify your name all the days of my life! That I might do what you have called me to in the life of my children (and in those around me).

Gods glory in His Creation:
Psalm 19
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.

3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard. [a]

4 Their voice [b] goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,

5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.

6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.

7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.

8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.

9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure
and altogether righteous.

10 They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.

11 By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.

12 Who can discern his errors?
Forgive my hidden faults.

13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.


Romans 1:19–20 “Because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.”

WOW! Is truly all I can say that Psalm speaks my heart!!!

Thats just a short trip into my mind since I've been down here. I'll try to put up more later because there is so much more to write!

Oh...and here is a song that a friend of mine shared with me that I have simply adored since she shared it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YiULD_Ng8o

No comments:

Post a Comment