PRAISE PRAISE AND MORE PRAISE! ;0)
Today our little lovie buggie is 4!!! <3 What an AMAZING MIRACLE he is...the Lord surely blessed us when He knit him in my womb. Our lil guy has been struggling w/ asthma greatly the past week...so we've been in isolation to try to protect his little immune system from picking something else up. For those parents who understand how serious asthma can be...picking up a cold/flu can be life threatening ESPECIALLY after just getting better from a flare up. Please pray with me for protection over his sweet little body.
Before I go further...I would like to share an article from Answers in Genesis:
"Every once in a while, I am asked, “What’s it like to be adopted?” I was two days old when my parents chose me to be their son. Being adopted is an amazing thing. I was taken from a situation that probably would not have turned out well and was given the opportunity to grow up in a loving Christian home. I became a member of a new family. I had a new identity, a new name, a new opportunity, and eventually a new inheritance. I was chosen!
Adoption into God’s family is all of that and infinitely more. Scripture is very clear—a Christian is a chosen child of God (Ephesians 1:4–5).
As adopted children, we enter into a new relationship with God. Though we were chosen before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4), we lived as an enemy of God up to the moment of our salvation (Ephesians 2:1–2). At our conversion, we were adopted into God’s family through Jesus Christ. We have a new identity—the sons and daughters of God. The eternal God is our Father (1 John 3:1–2).
But as in any family, this relationship goes both ways. Just as I took on my father’s name humanly speaking, we take on the name of God—we are His children, His heirs, and His ambassadors. Our Father wants us to protect His name through our thoughts, speech, and actions—we are responsible for His reputation (Romans 12:1–2).
As adopted children, we have a new opportunity. Since the Holy Spirit lives inside us, for the first time we can please God (Ephesians 2:10) and be holy (Hebrews 12:10). We have a new blessing and inheritance—we are joint heirs with Jesus, receiving His eternal riches (Romans 8:14–17, 23).
If you’re a Christian, the next time you begin to ask someone who was adopted what it’s like, reflect on your own adoption … as a child of the infinite Creator of the universe!"
Isnt that absolutely BEAUTIFUL!?! :) What a beautiful picture of love, and I'm FOREVER thankful that I have been adopted as a daughter of God.
Health wise, the further I get from pregnancy...the better I seem to feel. Thats a praise but also saddening. For us, at least now...it means giving up on the thought of biological children. After the pain of loss and an empty cradle 3 times, I feel defeated in that area. God holds the keys to life and death for all of us...including our babies. We are praying that one day we may have more, but for now I'm learning to deal with the possibility that I may never feel more flutters in my womb. Thats hard, but God is faithful to give us what we need and then some. We know that He will carry us, just as He always has.
That being said....for some time now we've had adoption on our hearts not really knowing when or what we should do. We have been praying about it....A LOT. During our praying about it, we got a email from our daily devo w/ the scripture Ps 68 "to be a Father to the fatherless." We were blown away, and we just prayed for direction and we really feel a great peace about pursuing it. :0) We know that it may be tough, and have NO idea how the finances will come together...but we know that the Lord has led us to it, and He never leaves His children. So though at times it may be hard, we know that we have a Father that will carry us every step of the way. <3 Adoption parallels so much how the Lord adopted us into his family. It makes me cry to even think about the beauty of it. We are SOOO excited to start on this journey. So from here on out....let the ADOPTION JOURNEY BEGIN!! <3
1 application in
1 application being sent this week
1 meeting next week w/ an adoption agency
1 family case study soon to start
Lord willing, a baby will soon be in our arms <3
We so much appreciate your prayers and support during this journey! HUGS TO YOU ALL.
Love you much. Adoption truly is a beautiful thing. Praying for your sweet boy, too!
ReplyDeleteDitto, ditto, and ditto! *hugs*
ReplyDeletePraying for you as you begin this journey towards adoption! I know the Lord has the perfect child in mind for you guys. Also praying for Grayden's health!
ReplyDelete~Rachael M.~
Hi Kiley, Happy birthday to Grayden!I wanted to share a link to a book written by my endocrinologist. She is incredibly knowledgeable and I know she addresses asthma in childhood (specifically the need for essential fatty acids in their little bodies) among many other things:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.scicn.com/tableofcontents.htm
Congratulations and praise God for His Word and direction in your life. We love you and can't wait to see how God blesses you in this next adventure :-) ....Sue
So excited and happy for you! Love you!
ReplyDeleteIt's been awhile since I checked your blog and am SOOOO happy and filled with joy for you and Nye!!! This is so encouraging:-)
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone :0) <3
ReplyDelete