If you don't have an account you can still leave comments, just please be sure to include your name in the actual post. I appreciate your posts (thoughts) and prayers! :)

Please, realize that everything I share here is from my personal experience...its very dear to my heart. Please respect that and dont abuse it.


Sunday, October 16, 2011

MMmmsters

If you havent noticed yet, I REALLY enjoy cooking (almost as much as I enjoy eating ;).  So do you mind if I share one of my favorite new SUPER EASY Italian dishes?  Its not from an Italian or anything, it just seems very Italian to me.  We have been eating very differently since all my medical craziness.  Still no answers or relief, HOWEVER I notice when I eat better---get this----I feel better. 

So Tasty Roma Momma Soup  (bah ha ha---we havent named it yet.  But that sounds good to me)


Chicken stock from 1 boiled chicken (I usually fill about half the stock pot w/ VERY LIGHTLY salted water, put chicken in and boil covered for about an hour, flip the chicken halfway through.  Reduce to about 2//3 of the amount of water you put in---cool and freeze till you are ready to use it)
3lbs Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
A few cloves of UNpeeled fresh garlic (I use about 6-7)

Preheat oven to 350.  I put the tomatoes cut side up on my Pampered Chef bar pan (it doesnt burn the skins).  Stick the unpeeled garlic throughout.  Drizzle Olive Oil over tomatoes and garlic.  Fresh cracked pepper and salt (EASY) over tomatoes and garlic.  Roast in the oven for 1 hour.  If you want to smell yummy in your whole house---this will do it!

Boil chicken stock, garlic, and tomatoes for about 30 mins.  Stir occasionally.  Use immersion blender or blender (CAREFUL in the blender let soup cool a bit before you do this or it WILL explode) to make it smooth.  PS immersion blenders are one of my favorite kitchen accouterments (as my Hubby would say).  Add salt if needed.  Garnish w/ fresh basil and Parmesan.   UMM DELICIOUSO.   I serve this w/ my garlic knots and baked chicken.  :0)  You can serve it w/ whatever you like though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment