"Lets start at the very beginning...a very good place to start" (can you hear me singing?)
I have been going to training for biblical counseling (NANC-National Association of Nouthetic Counselors)...it has been absolutely wonderful! If there is something that I desire to do full time after my children are grown, THIS IS IT! In our training we found there was so much information that it was hard to take in. What I plan to do is to go through the information we've been learning at a slower pace and share what I've learned with YOU! :) Would you like that?
Maybe I should tell you more about NANC? Well let me tell you, I was sold on it right away! If you would like the details the website is http://www.nanc.org/ . To sum it up, its an organization that trains counselors to treat counselees using the Word of God to work at a heart level. After all, the ONLY thing that can truly change us is---- if our hearts change first through the power and love of Christ. Praise be to our God through Jesus Christ that we are no longer slaves to sin, but we have power over it!! The BIBLE (Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth--as my hubby calls it) is the material that is used for all the counseling.
My goal is to write at LEAST once a week...we will be going through scriptures for different life circumstances: Marriage, Parenting, Depression/Worry, Addictions, and many more!!! I will try to give you personal application and I would love to have feedback from you on the material and how the Lord has used it to touch your life (to bless others reading as well). If not, thats perfectly fine too :). I will be praying for all of our hearts as we start on this journey together!
BLESSINGS!!!
This sounds awesome, Kiley, and I am looking forward to the dialogue!
ReplyDeleteThis does sound good :) I have a funny NANC story. We have had the NANC conference at our church a couple of times. One July out worship/missions pastor asked Richard and I if we would share our testimonies on a particular night. We said yes. I was very nervous, not a lot of people had heard my testimony. It brought me to the Lord but it isn't something I'm proud of. Anyway, as the time got closer, like two days before we were to speak, I realized we would be giving our testimony the night before the NANC conference started. Oh. my. word. There were so many biblical counselors in attendance that night! I just stood there and thought "well, I should be a good study for them to figure out how they would have counseled me". :) I will pray for you as you go through your NANC training. I've several friends who have done it and it isn't always easy. You will be a great counselor!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds awesome, Kiley. Can't wait to read.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to it as well :). It will give us a time for ladies 'fellowship' via the computer <3.
ReplyDeleteKathie, that sounds like a lot of pressure! Eek...as stressful as it is to have last minute projects for college, I can only imagine for a last minute presentation in front of people. However messy our testimonies...God uses it for His glory for people to see how He has worked in our lives to change us from the inside out! I'm sure that others were blessed by your testimony! :0)