If you don't have an account you can still leave comments, just please be sure to include your name in the actual post. I appreciate your posts (thoughts) and prayers! :)

Please, realize that everything I share here is from my personal experience...its very dear to my heart. Please respect that and dont abuse it.


Thursday, March 8, 2012

Food therapy.....

These are the best breakfast muffins I've EVER had!  I mean like they taste better than fresh doughnuts!!  Although make sure you have a crowd bc they are best fresh!  Maybe you could make them, freeze them, and re-bake them?  Let me know if you do and what you think!

Doughnut Muffins
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg (preferably room temperature)
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. milk

The Delish part:

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a medium-large bowl, sift together (Tip: I use a whisk and beat them dry) all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir until combined, but still a bit lumpy. Don't over mix. Scoop batter into nonstick pan.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden at the edges.

For the topping, mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Place melted butter in another small bowl. Dip the warm muffin tops in melted butter, then dip/roll the muffin in cinnamon sugar. 


You will probably have leftover cinnamon sugar...why not serve apples cut up w/ cinnamon sugar? :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment